My New Favorite Movie

I have a new favorite movie. But before I say what it is, I have to mention a few disclaimers first. LOL!
  1. I don't have an ultimate favorite movie. I only have a couple of movies that I liked or loved.
  2. I don't have a favorite genre. I watch whatever I want to watch or feel like watching at that moment.
  3. I'm very critical. I read comments and reviews before going to see a movie at the cinema. I rarely watch something just for the sake of watching, I think that's a waste of time and money.
Having said those, I think I'm now ready to say that my new favorite movie is Deadpool. And I rarely say this about superhero movies because I always find something, anything against how the studios make superhero movies. But let's not talk about that. This post is about Deadpool and why I love it. So, let me tell you why.


Warning, spoiler ahead you might want to stop reading if you don't want to get spoiled.

  1. It's the mother of all cliches and yet it wasn't. Ang gulo ko. I just mean that on the outside, it is very cliche. But as the movie goes on, I realized that there are layers beneath it. There is so much more than just telling the origin story of Deadpool. I felt that all the cliches in the movie were very very common yet uniquely delivered.
  2. The whole script was very cleverly written. They weren't kidding when they said that the writers were the real rockstars because they were right. The writing was almost spotless. The dialogues were clear, short, direct to the point, and very hilarious.
  3. The characters were written really well. Each of the characters has a strong presence. They were all very loyal to their personalities. I did not notice any character that acted weird or simply out of character. At kahit pa unrealistic ang setting ng movie, very relatable parin ang characters.
  4. I love the humor in the movie. Some people may not understand all the references or jokes. I myself did not understand everything. I had to look up some of it online. But it's really just funny without trying too hard.
  5. I loved that they didn't have to save the world. It's always an issue for me that the villains always want to destroy Earth. What's up with that? I mean, ano ba ang makukuha nila sa ginagawa nilang pagsira sa Earth?
  6. I loved that Deadpool did not want to become a superhero. He's just a guy who wants to get better for his girl. But someone screwed up with him and now he wants revenge. Yes! A superhero who wants revenge. I totally loved it because he was acting like a real person and not some goody-goody who would sacrifice his personal wants for the sake of humanity.
  7. I loved that the villain did not want to conquer the world. The villain was also a real person. He's just a big douche bag who messed with Deadpool. It was simply hate at first sight, so they made each other's lives miserable. That's why they were fighting, and not because the villain just wants destruction and all that crap.
  8. I also loved that there was no damsel in distress. I really hate it whenever the superhero's object of affection gets kidnapped and do something stupid. Well, Deadpool's girl may have been kidnapped but she wasn't a weakling. She fought back. She helped during the fight. Hindi yung umiyak lang sa isang tabi tapos biglang isisigaw ang pangalan ni superhero kapag tatamaan na siya.
  9. I loved that there are no overly dramatic scenes with overly dramatic dialogues. I get that sometimes kailangan talaga ng mga matatalinhaga at powerful na salita. But really, I hate it when the superhero says something really emo before going head to head with the villain. I'm so happy that Deadpool did not act like a girl and say anything like that.
  10. Last, it's the coolest opening credits ever. Period.
So there you have it. I honestly did not mean for this post to be so long. I also did not mean to make it like a review. But yeah, whatever. LOL! Thanks for reading!

PS, the writing of Deadpool is now one of my inspirations in writing.

Comments